- Abbreviation: Keystone Symposia
- Conference Type: Conference
- Start Date: 11/01/2015
- Conference URL: http://atnd.it/13506-0
- Hotel Venue: Big Sky Resort
- Street: 50 Big Sky Resort Road
- City: Big Sky
- State: Montana
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 59716
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Name: Keystone Symposia
- Event Twitter Account: http://atnd.it/13506-1
- Event Facebook Account: http://atnd.it/13506-2
- Listed: August 6, 2014 5:33 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Suggested AttendeesOpen to all
The fields of precision genome engineering and synthetic biology are undergoing a scientific revolution. Building on the rich resource of published genome sequences from a range of organisms (including humans), new enzymatic tools for the purposeful and precise modification of these genomes in vivo are enabling researchers to interrogate the complexity of genetic variation and determine the cause or consequence of mutations with unprecedented speed.
Together with rapidly developing tools in synthetic biology, it is now possible to introduce mutations to evaluate gene function, generate models of human genetic disease, perform gene correction, chromosomally integrate synthetic gene networks that perform complex regulatory functions, and redesign genome structure or build whole genomes from scratch. This conference will bring together scientists who are: 1) developing tools for precision genome engineering; 2) using those tools for specific purposes in a wide range of organisms, including humans; 3) engineering cells with novel pathways and properties; and 4) creating whole synthetic genomes with prospects for wholesale reengineering.
This meeting will provide an outstanding forum for students, postdoctoral fellows, and senior investigators who envision careers in genome and pathway design; scholarship opportunities are available. There will be nightly poster sessions, and abstracts submitted by the deadline will be given consideration for short talks in either a plenary session or workshop.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: EvvntBuzz
- Member Since: July 28, 2014
Other items listed by EvvntBuzz
- 2015 Workforce Live – Washington, D.C.
- Predictive Analytics World Business New York City 2016
- Elevate New York, presented by BizBash
- International SMR and Advanced Reactor Summit
- Erlang Factory SF Bay Area 2016