- Abbreviation: FOWD
- Conference Type: Conference
- Start Date: 03/11/2014 - 05/11/2014
- Online Registration: http://atnd.it/14940-1
- Conference URL: http://atnd.it/14940-0
- Hotel Venue: New World Stages
- Street: 340 West 50th Street
- City: New York City
- State: New York
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 10019
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Name: Michelle Barker
- Event Facebook Account: http://atnd.it/14940-3
- Listed: August 27, 2014 7:54 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Suggested AttendeesOpen to all.
Future of Web Design (FOWD) is an energy-filled, inspirational conference for web designers, front-end developers, and anyone working to make the web incredible. It focuses on the emerging practices and technologies in web design that will enable you to stay ahead of the curve.
FOWD begins with a day of workshops, followed by two days of sessions, networking activities, and creative challenges to nourish your brain and leave you feeling refreshed and ready to tackle your next big project.
On the Main Stage track, you will hear from some of the brightest stars in web design on topics as diverse as UX, responsive design, CSS, web performance, and workflow, as well as inspirational keynotes to get your creative juices flowing.
The Rising Stars track is dedicated to the up-and-coming stars of tomorrow. FOWD hand-picks the people doing awesome things on the web and gives them a chance to share their knowledge with a wider audience during the conference.
Both tracks cover a healthy mix of technical and inspirational content, and you can switch between sessions as often as you like, so there will always be something to see!
Your workshop choices are:
+ CSS with Superpowers: Modular Front-End Development with Sass & Compass (led by Bermon Painter)
+ Building Your Brand: Designing from the Ground Up (led by Jon Setzen)
+ Psychology for Designers (led by Joe Leech)
+ Responsive Design with Bootstrap (led by Patrick McNeil)
FOWD speakers are world-class design superheroes with a passion for what they do and loads of guidance to share. Learn from the top names in the industry, including:
+Erik Spiekermann, Edenspiekermann
+Sara Wachter-Boettcher, Content Strategy Consultant
+Joe Leech, cxpartners
+Val Head, Designer and Consultant
+Tom Giannattasio & Adam Christ, Macaw
+Whitney Hess, Business Coach
+Razvan Caliman, Adobe
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: EvvntBuzz
- Member Since: July 28, 2014
Other items listed by EvvntBuzz
- National Summit on Strategic Communications
- Game QA & Localization 2014 San Francisco
- 3rd Annual Expert Forum Steering Systems USA
- Cyber Risk North America
- Systematic DRPx Summit 2015